Monday, June 02, 2008

Day five

What a crazy busy day. Today is Scott's birthday! And so ends my 29 days of torture.
We got up an headed off to our friend's house, or so I thought. I had all of our mapquest directions in a folder in the order we would need them. Unfortunately, I had the directions to Scott's aunt and uncle's house right behind the directions to his cousin's house in case plans changed for some reason, we were prepared. Well, we were half way there before I realized I was following the wrong map. Our friends Ann and Josh moved to Seattle about 4 years ago and we haven't seen them since. So, we were excited to spend a lot of the day with Ann and their daughter Abby. We went on what I have dubbed "The Ann Drive" We did a lot of island hopping. I was really pretty. We stopped at a beach for a while. We stopped at Fort Casey, which Scott really enjoyed. He especially liked the disappearing guns. We came home on a ferry. Then we were able to spend about 5 minutes with our friend Josh before heading to the other end of town to meet up with a different friend for dinner.
Our next stop was our friend Louie's. Louie was in our wedding, but we only saw him once or twice after that. He is now living in Seattle and has a very sweet girlfriend, Shelia. She got our approval! We felt pretty bad, because the kids were not in the best mood by the time we got to his house. We have pushed them pretty hard this week and especially today.

No comments: