Saturday, October 06, 2012

Where am I going?

A friend of mine posted on Facebook, that she is hitting the second half of her life (44) and wants to do something that will be as exciting as the first half.  Currently her ideas include, politics (she is already pretty active in this one,) acting, and adventuring.  I think this is great and I honestly believe she plans to follow through with something.

 So here I sit looking at the next 3/4s of my life.  What is it going to hold?  What are my plans?  Why was it so much easier to dream big when we were littler?

I remember being little and planning on opening my veterinary practice in the same office building as my best friend's medical practice.  Your one stop shop for all your medical needs for you and your pooch.  She was going to marry a rich old man and I was going to marry another vet and have 8 kids.  Oh yes, we could dream big back in the day.

So, here I am.  Where am I going.  Can I finish my degree in Biochemistry?  Sure.  Can I climb Mount Kilimanjaro?  Sure.  Can I run a half marathon? Sure, but not going to.  In a couple years I will have all 3 (not 8) kids in school all day.  At that point, my world kinda reopens.   What will it bring?  Do I wait and see or plan to attack?  I guess I have 2 years to figure it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why wait two years? There may be opportunities now that fit with current life circumstances/priorities. :)