Saturday, August 13, 2005

VBS 2005




Well, I survived. I had 15 3/4/5 year olds everyday. Mostly boys, very boy boys. There were tough moments, Friday was the hardest. By then they were more comfortale with me and everything I even lost one boy and one left a class to come find me, AH!! Not good. The 3 kids of mine all went (including Chase). They were the bulk of the nursery. I occationally had TJ or Katie, because they were fussing, but most of the time they did really good. By Friday my back was killing me from carring TJ around in the Bjourn. The teenagers kept putting Katie down for a nap, that was VERY annoying. So, it was bible safari so on Friday was lion day so I decided to die my hair red the night before, as you can see the kids out did me with green and blue hair. One of the high school helpers had hers straight up, it looked great.
Everyday we started in art, then went outside, snack, story, game, and ended in music. It was a big day for the little kids. They were always ready to go home. We had about 90 kids in VBS, not including the nursery. It was so nice to get to talk to adults all week and have some place to go everyday. I felt like I was accomplishing something. It was crazy. I can not believe it was a week ago already, things have been so crazy. That is summer for you.

No comments: