Sunday, October 30, 2005

Why the slow blogging last week?



Did you miss me last week? Not if you live in Iowa you didn't! Wednesday I was just sitting around doing my thing. (FYI- my thing is changing diapers) When all of a sudden the gal I babysit for came to pick up her boy and told me how she couldn't afford to fly to IA for her grandma's funeral and was thinking about driving and asked if I wanted to come along. So, I quite litterally dropped everything called Scott, who said "of course, go. I know how important it is to you that your grandparents meet the kids." called my Gramma said I was on the way, and threw together our bags. I had less than two hours from the time she walked in my door until we were on the road. Not such a crazy thing to do on my own, but with the kids! We had an uneventful drive out. I was able to see everyone except my aunt Nita and her family, because they were sick and my uncle Dennis and his family, because they were in Floridia. It was a quick trip, but I was so glad everyone got to meet the kids. We will be back in June for my cousin's wedding. Not my favorite season to be in Iowa, but oh well. The drive back was far worse, as my traveling buddy didn't feel up to doing the through the night thing again especially with all the deer we saw. But we survived. Katie was being a pill as she only got one nap while we were their thanks to my cousins wonderful wife who Katie adores! Plus we got a picture of all my Gramma's Great grandkids. Anyway, I am back!

No comments: