Sunday, May 18, 2008

Estes Park

Wow, I am behind on posts. Well, a couple weekends ago Scott, I and the kids went to Estes Park for a retreat with a class we are taking at church. I wasn't planning on going since it was the same weekend as my sister's birthday and therefore I had no one to watch the kids all weekend, but on Friday Ty called (class officiator) to say there were a lot of people who couldn't go at the last minute and there would be room to bring the kids. Since I was not particularly looking forward to a weekend along with the kids followed by Scott on a 3 day business trip. I decided to go. I am glad I did. The children were angels. It was absolutely amazing. The nights were a little difficult as Lilah is not used to sleeping with anyone so little noises woke her up, Katie kept falling off her sleeping pad or hitting her brother in her sleep. That was rough, but the days were great. We saw elk, deer, and big horn sheep. I would love to go back to Estes some time. The cabins we stayed at were so nice the kids asked if we could move there. lol

No comments: