Saturday, May 31, 2008

Day three

Today is the day we pick up Daddy. It is very overcast, I hope I get to see the mountain. I am not sure how to get there since Mapquest sent me to the other side of the park that is closed. I am meeting Scott t 3:00. It is a two hour drive so, I think I will leave at noon.
Well, we had a lovely drive even though it was overcast. The trees here are just so big. I feel like all I have been doing is driving today though. The drive took longer than expected. It is a good thing I left early. It took two hours to get to the park, but it was another hour to where I was meeting Scott. I got worried when we got there, because the area was so big and there were so many people. The kids and I went to check out the observation deck and gift shop. TJ threw a major fit up there! I saw a group coming down and thought it was them, but it wasn't. After about half an hour inside we headed back to the car to wait there. Sure enough Daddy found us. They didn't make it to the top. They only made it to 13,300 ft. But the pictures were amazing! It was so cloudy I didn't even know in what direction the mountian was. It was pretty funny after I picked up Scott I asked "So, Rainier is over there right?" (pointing) And he said "No, it is over there" I was off by about 90 degrees. Opps! On the way out of the park I made Scott take pictures since I zoomed by everything on the way in not knowing how far I had to go. Realizing it was getting late and that making dinner in the hotel would make for a late dinner. We stopped at a really fun looking burger joint made out of and old train. The kids though it was pretty cool.
Oh, I almost forgot, Lilah got her second tooth today.

1 comment:

JR Miller said...

i have been in that burger joint!! it's really cool...