Thursday, November 17, 2005

Pie Social

Well, the pie social is less than a week away and I am prepared! The band Thanksgiving dinner was Tuesday night and Scott came back telling me everyone was expecting me to make pies. My ledgend is getting a little out of hand. Someone said I make 20 pies every year! Now granted every year I seem to make more than the year before, but I have NEVER made 20! I love making the pies and seeing if your pie goes for the most money, that is always fun. For the first time last year one of my pies was the high price pie $140 I think and I think it was the Key Lime, but I am not sure. I love bidding on the pies too. Peter and I usually have a show down for the rhubarb. Anyway, this year I am making, Key Lime, Coconut, Pineapple, Butterscotch, Cranberry, and Sweet Potato. I try to stear clear of Pumpkin and apple, because EVERYONE brings pumpkin and apple. Although I did make a grated apple with a struddle topping last year that was very good. Anyway, I am very excited about the Pie social, it is my favorite thing about Thanksgiving. (That and mom's stuffing and broccoli salad)

No comments: