Thursday, January 10, 2013

Day 6- Under sinks

So I didn't think this would be a tough job and it wasn't...it was a GROSS job.  So, when we moved in there are issues right?  This one had a lot and one that we kind of ignored for what, 11? years now was waiting for me under the kitchen sink.  The previous owner let the garbage disposal rust through and this in turn rotted the wood on the bottom of the cabinet under the sink.  Obviously, we got a new garbage disposal put in and lived with they quirky sunken in floor of the cabinet.  Well, after pulling everything out (not sure when or IF I have done that before) I found the wood to no longer just be warped, but truly rotted out.  There is no moisture anymore, it was just from the previous damage.  So, out cam the shop vac to get up all that old splinters of wood.


Under kitchen sink Before
Ok, step one done, on to step two.  Going through what was under there.  What in tarnation WAS under there?  Seriously, you would think I never got into this cabinet.  Liquid dishwasher soap??  I only buy powder and this is a HUGE bottle, some bottle of aluminum cleaning powder that did NOT fit with my clean green lifestyle, straight to the TRASH, 2 bottles of wasp spray, why 2 and why in the garage and not in the kitchen?  My gardening gloves!?!!?  What!?!?  A nasty sponge, 2 bottles of veggie spray, and a can of Oust (Do they even still make that stuff?? and then all the normal stuff I expected to find down there, trash bags, dish soap, POWERED dishwasher soap and my cleaning gloves.  So then I tossed old stuff, put mislocated things away and returned everything else in an orderly fashion.


Kitchen after the insanity.  Check out my cool spray bottle rack :-)
Then I thought, lets take this a step further.  I wanted to hang my spray bottles on the door like I had seen on Pinterest.  They used a towel rack certainly we had an extra towel rack hanging around, but alas, I could not find one.  What I did find however was a paint stir stick and some nails.  Voila!  A nice easy convenient place out of the way to hang my spray bottles!

On to the bathroom, ok I thought this might be rough.  I mean look at that mess!  I have no idea why it looks like this.  Seriously, I took everything out, folded it, got rid of a couple bleach stained washcloths and put everything back neatly.  Voila! 

Undersink in bathroom before


After  scary easy
Moral of the story, sometimes organizing is quick and simple so, just get in there and do it.  Other times it is going to be a gross nasty b!t... so be prepared.  Either way I am loving my neater house.


No comments: