Saturday, January 12, 2013

Day 8- kitchen cabinets

Kitchen organization is a never ending battle isn't it?  I mean the supply of what is there changes weekly.  I just did this a month or so ago and there were things totally out of wack again.  Then I come to post and I am not sure if my after picture doesn't look worse than my before picture!  I can tell you that in day to day use it is better, but what the heck is up with these pictures?

Anyway, I am a creature of habit so, I like to keep things where I know where they are.  So, for me organizing the kitchen is about keeping like things together.  All Crackers on one shelf, all cans on another, all salad dressing lined up neatly, next to all the bottles of bbq sauce.

In my baking cabinet I do have Tupperware, specifically shelfmates that they made ony ONE season in an AWFUL color so, I waited for the next season to order in a decent color.  AND bam!  They have been discontinued ever since.  Grr!  I love these things, but they are butt ugly.  Maybe if they were made in a good color they would have sold some and not had to discontinue them, but I digress.  Where was I ?  Oh yes, I have some shelfsmarts for powdered sugar, brown sugar ect.  I have been keeping my rice in old creamer containers, but I think I will be switching to mason jars with the tops of salt containers used as lids so I can get them to stand up straight.
Found this nifty dodad at Walmart a couple months ago and LOVE it.
Before
After



Baking Cabinet after
Baking Cabinet before
Just a square of velcro and voila!  Instant spice rack!
Here is my super serect invention for a spice rack

No comments: