Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Yikes! The craft room


Ok, you might have gotten the sense my craft room is a little crazy, well, you would be right.  My craft room/Girl Scout Room/ Storage room/Drum room/Spare room tends to be a mess more often than not.  This was an all day project.  My after pictures my be more like someone else's before pictures, but I am ecstatic with the progress made today.    I can not believe I am actually posting pictures of this room on the Internet.     I may have to change my name. I don't normally let anyone in this room with the exception of my sisters who stay here occasionally.

Let me explain the different areas of this room and what I did.  We will start in the Northwest corner.  In this corner I keep 2 stacks of boxes for the girl to grow into.  Clothes for the bear are generally from our neighbor and the boxes for the Bug obviously come from the Bear.  In this corner you can also see a clothing rack.  I am the chair for one of the major fund raisers for the school.  It is a children's clothing sale that we do ever year.  The rack holds hanging clothes that the Bug and Boy have out grown for the clothing sale.  I keep the Monkey's pack n play over there, some poly fil, gift bags/tissue paper and Valentines.

The Southwest corner has the boy's much shorter box of clothes to grow into.  Although his are also split into sizes.  It is a much more vague sizing, big or little.  There are just not the hand me downs for girls lie there are for boys.  Boys are just to hard on their clothes.  This corner also holds a dresser that holds my craft things, my crocheting, painting stuff, melty bead things for my kids and construction paper.  The top of the dresser looks a little busy, but I know what it there, promise.

Next corner, oh me oh my.  The exploding corner shall we call it?  This is my Girl Scout corner.  So much craft stuff, glue, fabric, scissors EVERY craft thing you can imagine.  I keep all my Girl Scout stuff down here, paperwork and their snacks EVERYTHING I tell you.  Well, I organized my boxes, made sure all the paint was in the paint box, all the glue in the glue box, all the yarn in the yarn box, all loose badges in a box, you get the idea.  What also helped is that Cookie Sales start a week from tomorrow.  So, I was able to take up a lot of cookie stuff, stickers, poster for booth sales, money bag, all kinds of good cookie stuff.  It will be nice when Bug gets through Daisies and I can start getting rid of some of this stuff, but that will be a sad day too.  Don't want to think about Bug getting any bigger.  Ok, happy thoughts, lets move on.

Have you been keeping track?  We are on the last corner.  The North... RIGHT! you have been listening, the Northeast corner.  See the hubby's drum set.  Pretty sweet huh?  Well, besides the drum set you will see MORE clothes.  These are all Clothing Sale clothes.  I can not wait until September to get them OUT of here.  Some are my kids clothes that I am selling, but there are also clothes that were not picked up last year, but they were supposed to be picked up by the seller so we couldn't donate them as the donation people had already came.  So, I have them here to retag for the school.  100% of the sale of these clothes will go to the school, but it is SO MUCH STUFF.  So I did a little sorting, the big open box needs tagged, then there are 2 smaller boxes one is my stuff to tag (for myself) and the other my stuff that didn't sell last year that is already tagged.

Well, that is it.  It totally makes up for all those easy days!

Before Northwest Corner


After Northwest Corner

Before Northeast corner





After Northeast corner


Before Southwest corner
Before Southwest corner

After Southwest corner
Before Southeast corner
After Southeast corner






No comments: