Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Discipleship

As disciples of Jesus we are given a mission from God that we hopefully have accepted, to go and make disciples of all nations. To me this means speeding and sharing the love of Jesus everyday to everyone. Although, I am a big fan of missions work and have in the past and plan to do so again in the future more missions work (what a grammatical nightmare, sorry), what about your friends, neighbors, coworkers. Where is your faith then? I am so not talking about putting a fish on your car either, I hate those things. Unless you are an excellent driver avoid the whole fish/car thing, because you are bound to piss someone off (most likely me) and when you do cut them off, forget to use your blinker ect, is that really the message you want to be sending? By the way if you think you are an excellent driver, your probably not. Anyway, back on track. To fill the great commandment we must have confidence and courage, but great news it is not confidence in ourselves or courage from ourselves... It is all God. Which is great, because I have a TON more confidence in God than myself. If it weren't for courage from God, I am not sure I would have any courage at all (sad, but true). Phillipians 3:12-14 12Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. What I take from this verse is to be good disciples we must have grace for ourselves, we are not perfect even as followers and from verse 14 strive to live the truth. Living the truth is the best form of discipleship. If you are living the truth everyone around you will not be able to help, but see the light of Jesus.

No comments: