Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Ode to Comics

Oh comics, where would we be without them? Well, would you believe I sat down to read the Sunday funnies last night (yes, Tues night) when I saw none other than my husband's favorite Calvin and Hobbes. After some research I have discovered the comics strip has returned to the papers for a couple months to promote the Complete Collection of Calvin and Hobbes coming out sometime this fall. I am pretty sure Scott was Calvin in another life.
And who can forget Blondie. One of my personal favorites I was delighted to see this comic celebrating 75 years, but how is this possible. Scott and I were discussing this and came up with either this guy strarted this comic very young or it has been taken over by his son. It is the ladder. After researching this too today, I found that the comic originally by Chic Young has been taken over by his son Dean.

No comments: