Monday, September 26, 2005

So true....



Did you see Baby Blues this weekend? Oh, it is sad, but true. Network TV these days is simply atrocious. There are somethings I can not believe they can say on TV! There are so many times I have to stop and go... did they really just say that? And there are times it is artistic or necessary for they story line, but most of the time I think it is there for shock value. Now, I am not saying we have to go back to to extreme of the 50's where husband and wife had twin beds and you couldn't show belly buttons, but come on people. At the very least watch the language. Baby Blues makes the comment about this being a night time phenomenon, but I could care less what they play after the kids go to be. South Park comes on at 10:30, my kids better not be up then. What makes me mad is when these things happen at prime time. Now I know what you are thinking... stop your belly aching and just turn it off. Well, believe me I do! There are great shows out there that I can not watch, because the content is not suitable for kids (or the weak at heart.) It just erks me off!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carla, you are RIGHT ON about the TV stuff-and it's been going downhill for a while now...
If somthing like Family Guy offends me, I don't watch it...if Beeves offends me, I don't watch it. But pity the poor kids that have grown up with the TV as their baby-sitter and think that kind of behavior is 'normal'
xo
Rhonda